The CMO Files: Giulia Borracci, Kingston Technology
on April 05 2017
Name: Giulia Borracci
Organisation: Kingston Technology
Job title: PR and Social Media Manager
Location: Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey, UK
- Where were you born and raised?
- What was your first job?
My first job was at the Italian Institute of Culture in Sydney.
- What was the first product you got really excited about?
My first iPhone, Iife-changing especially when you travel a lot, I took it everywhere, and I still do!
- Who has been the biggest influence on your career?
My first boss at the Italian Institute of Culture in Sydney. A strong, passionate woman, with the rare talent of sparking interests and inspiration in those around her.
- What has been your greatest achievement?
Moving to several countries and being able to call each of them home.
- What has been your biggest mistake?
- What is your greatest strength?
My team :)
- What is your biggest weakness?
Having only 24 hours per day
- What do you think is the aspect of your role most neglected by peers?
The value of a face-to-face chat
- Which word or phrase is your mantra and which word or phrase makes you squirm?
The first isn't really a mantra, it is the dream of a completely tipped-off to do list!
My pet peeve is: "I need it for yesterday".
- What makes you stressed?
A never ending unread inbox
- What do you do to relax?
Travelling / reading
- What is your favourite song?
Anything sung by Nina Simone
- Which book taught you most?
I am a real bookworm, so it's difficult to pick just one book, but for a long time my favourite book has been the little prince.
- Do you have a team or sport that you follow?
- Which country would you like to work in?
Having lived in Italy, Germany, Australia and the UK, I would consider any cool opportunities in different countries.
- Which company do you think has the best marketing?
Coca Cola, because they created a whole new imagery
- What do you love most about your job?
The variety of it!
- What is your favourite book?
Again, too many! One book that I loved lately "The Corrections".
- What keeps you awake at night?