Clearly, traditional email archiving is a mature technology category. However, more firms are looking at archiving for the first time as their ‘keep everything forever’ strategies have failed. Others are motivated by a move to Office365, while some are looking for new approaches to address the growing challenges of social media, instant messaging, and rich media communications channels that are growing organically inside their firms. What appears obvious is that archiving remains misunderstood by many with questions arising such as:
• Is archiving just for email storage?
• Is archiving required only for regulated firms?
• Does archiving always increase the risk of over-preservation?
• Is cloud archiving always more expensive and less secure than on-premises archiving?
• Do end-users gain anything from archiving?
Download this whitepaper to separate myth from reality.
Jon Collins’ in-depth look at tech and society
Phil Muncaster reports on China and beyond